How fair are online casinos?

When you play at an online casino, how do you know they are being fair to you and how do you know that you are getting a good chance of winning? General research shows that online casinos pay out 96-98%. This means that the casino keeps between 2 and 4% of all the money wagered and the rest is paid back to customers in winnings. At land-based casinos you will have less chance of winning as the payout percentage is usually under 96%.

So how and why do online casinos offer better payouts? The simple answer is, because they can! They have less overheads, such as paying employees, building and equipment costs. This allows online casinos to pay that extra money back to the customers and therefore enticing them to play more because of the extra winning potential.

Due to the huge number of casinos online, there is also big competition between them, so this also forces payouts to be kept high. Otherwise if a customer is not satisfied it’s all too easy just to switch to the software of another casino. This keeps the software high quality with good payouts.

All the big online casinos have continual monitoring and audits to ensure that these payout figures are met and that standards remain high. Often the results of audits are available to view on your casino site of choice. You will be able to see the payout percentage breakdown which should add up to 96%+. These payout percentages are checked by a trusted third party to ensure that everything is as it should be.

Does that mean that you will always get the best payout at the casino listing the highest payout percentage? The answer here is no. The payout percentages are worked out for each game at the casino and the final result will be the quoted payout percentage. This could mean that one game pays out 91%, while another pays out 107%. The overall will be a 98% payout. This means that depending on the casino game that you want to play, the best practise is to find out the payout percentage for that particular game rather than the overall casino payout percentage. Then switch between casinos with the best percentage for the game you want to play.

It is also important to note that the percentage payouts vary month to month and will not remain constant, so always check the level you are getting. Also, because we are dealing with averages things can not always be as they seem. If one person scoops a massive jackpot, then the payout percentage is going to be high. However this does not reflect the chances you will have of winning. It will be slightly lower.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *